Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Heart of Life....


If you pass me driving down the road, odds are pretty darn good that you'll find me belting out the lyrics to whatever song is on the radio. Sometimes I know all the words and if not, I almost always have a teenager handy to correct me. As you know, sometimes these lyrics make sense and sometimes I've just got to scratch my head and wonder, what the writers were smokin' when they wrote that stuff?

But sometimes if you stop and listen carefully, you can hear some really good things that will make you think.

John Mayer in the The Heart of Life:

"Pain throws your heart to the ground,
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
I know the heart of life is good"

And it's true, isn't it? Pain happens and love can make it better. And fear can help us, it can protect us, and it can push us beyond where we think we can go. And oftentimes the outcome makes life better than we ever dreamed it could be.

I hope today you can ponder just how good your life is, with all the experiences that have brought you to where you are today.

The heart of life is good, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment